Thursday, March 19, 2009

Off to DC

Tomorrow morning we wake up early to head to DC. Since the marathon is on a Saturday (odd) the expo is only one day-Friday. Luckily for us, I have Friday's off.

We're all packed up and ready to go. Unfortunately, a certain someone that shall remain nameless, that I may or may not be married to, might be suffering from a bit of "taper madness".

The aforementioned person has a sudden habit of fake-coughing while mumbling about feeling like he's "coming down with something" or "feeling funny" and rushes to find the Thera-Flu.

When I lovingly mentioned to our no-named hypochondriac that he was NOT sick, it was all in his head and he should NOT be taking cold medicine if he is not sick, especially before running a marathon, the reaction may or may not have been something like this:

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL INSIDE!!!!"

Oh boy. Calm down buddy. Here, drink this NyQuil too.

Other than that, we're doing fine and we're going to have a great day. I can feel it.

I enjoyed a nice 6.5 mile run last night when I got home from work. The weather was amazing outside (65) and it was sunny the entire run! This makes running much more enjoyable now that I can switch up the routes a bit. No more back and forth, two times to run along a well-lit street.

The weather for Saturday is going to be perfect. 33 and sunny at the start. By the time J rolls in right before 11, it should only have gotten up to about 42. Beautiful!

I can't wait to check this race out. I have a feeling it's going to be a race I will want to do for years to come. It's great to have a big race to train for at this time of the year to keep you active in the winter. And mid-March usually has decent weather for race day (when it's not raining).

My bib number is 7997! I'm really excited about this number! Two lucky number 7's and 2 nines! I love the number 9.

But my favorite number is 5. And guess what my corral is? Ooooh-yeah. Numbah FIVE baby. I'm all set.

So, I have been an awful blogger buddy lately. I just haven't had much time to do a lot of commenting. Next week will be a bit busy too since Sunday when we get back my 14 year old stepson is coming out to stay with us for a few days from California. It's his first trip to Philly and we can't wait to see him, so I will try to be on here as soon as I can with a race report, but I can't make any promises for a few days.

I will however post an official race pic/time with my trusty iphone. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have an awesome race and a great weekend down here. It's supposed to be nice this weekend.

I'll run a few miles on Saturday and think of you. ;o)

Good luck!

That Pink Girl said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck! With those awesome numbers you are sure to have a great race.

Unknown said...

Good luck! I can hardly wait until I get to be excited about a race again.

I Run for Fun said...

Good luck! The stars seem aligned for a great race (or the numbers).

Oz Runner said...

best of luck on the race...look forward to reading the race report...

Rookie on the Run said...

I bet you can't believe it's here! You'll do great, regardless of your numbers... but it can't hurt to have lucky & favorite numbers. :D Happy race! And have fun with your stepson.

joyRuN said...

I am SO happy to hear that my hub's not the only dramatic hypochondriac. But mine does it without the taperitis.

Have a great great time & good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Your bib number is a palendrome now that is sooooooo lucky

Marcy said...

OMFG don't you just love men? Even without taper madness they are such huge babies about getting sick. Add some TM on there and it's 10 fold HAHA!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!! Ohhhh chica I just know you're gonna nail this sub 2 ;D I can't wait to see this report!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you and J. You guys are both ready for the race. I can't wait to read about it all. Have fun out there.

I didn't know you had a stepson. You guys are going to have a fun visit together. I hope the California boy brings some nice weather with him.

Denise said...

Good luck to both of you!! I hope everyone stays healthy! ;-)

Can't wait to hear about it.

Marlene said...

Your (nameless) hubby sounds like me before my first marathon.

Good luck to you both this weekend, and have fun!

Jess said...

Good luck this weekend and enjoy DC!

Julie D said...

Have an awesome race!!

NancyPants said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! I think that you and Jeremy are going to do awesome. Can't wait to hear about it.

Have fun in DC....you're going to love it.

Bert said...

Have a great time in D.C. and we know we can count on you for some pics! And work those numbers into a lotto ticket!

maria khoury said...

good luck! sounds like the marathon gods are smiling down upon you!

Aron said...

yayyyy :) lol at taper madness, its a funny thing!

good luck to both of you!!! cant wait to read how you both kicked so much ass!!! WOOOO!

P.O.M. said...

Have a great weekend!!! And good luck :) I know you will take beautiful pics like you always do!

Ali said...

Good luck, have a wonderful run and enjoy DC

Felice Devine said...

Oooooo...my favorite number is 5, too. Lucky corral for you!

Have a great time! Good luck!

Lily on the Road said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

just posted another giveaway!!!!

http://nhershoes.blogspot.com/2009/04/she-says-time-for-another-giveaway.html

 
design by suckmylolly.com