I've been tagged by Michelle and Leana to give six random facts about myself.
I have done this once or twice before and to be honest with you, I'm only so interesting. So I was wondering what fun things I could share when I realized I could incorporate my "fun with photos" theme this month and answer in embarrassing pictures. Good times for everyone!
1. I lived in Wonder Woman Underoos for about 3 years. My best friend Jackie had the same pair and we often wore them together while reenacting scenes from Grease.
2. I have two older brothers. They are half-brothers from both of my parent's previous marriages. I am the only child from my parents together but since they both had custody of their boys, we all grew up in one house. Therefore, I never thought of them as half-brothers.
3. The only other sport besides running I ever participated in was horseback riding. I rode from the ages of 11-14 (when I dicovered boys and found better ways to spend my time). I started out riding Western, then switched to English and did a little bit of show jumping and barrel racing as well. Here I am on my horse Joker.
4. This is what i looked like in the 10th grade. I am smoking in the girls bathroom and have chains from Home Depot safety-pinned to my wrist. I think the hairspray may have clouded my better judgement.
5. Before I went back to school for Graphic Design at the age of 28, I worked as a bartender for 10 years.
6. As you can see in this picture (and the two pictures before this one) I used to smoke. I actually smoked for 16 years. I started when I was 14 (one year before the bathroom/hairspray picture) and quit the weekend I graduated from art school when I was 30. Right after I graduated I started training for my first half marathon (and posting in this blog) and I credit marathon training for making it easier to quit. I really don't think I would have done it without serious running to motivate me.
There you have it. I am supposed to tag 10 other people but a lot of you have been tagged already, so I'll leave it up to you to play along. I love ALL of your blogs, so I would love to hear from all of you!
P.S. Good luck to all you racers this weekend!! Can't wait to read those reports!
Post Easter bloating
1 day ago