Monday, February 15, 2010

Nursery Tour

There is nothing like a couple of days of being snowed in to make you get some stuff done around the house.

The nursery is finally complete. It's great to be able to walk into the room and finally feel like there is nothing else that needs to be done before she is born. It's a great load off my shoulders.

The funny thing is she probably wont even sleep in there for months since we plan on having her sleep next to our bed for a month or two. But at least I know I don't have to worry about finishing the room once she's here and I have zero time to do it. I love checking things off the list.

As far as the nursery goes, there is no overall look. It's a really small space so I didn't have too much to work with. I am not into themes and can't even settle on a color scheme. I love trees and owls, so it's inspired by that, but the rest is kind of a hodgepodge. I just like collecting things that I think she will enjoy looking at and had fun finding some of my favorite toys packed away from when I was a little girl. I hope she will enjoy some of them as much as I did.




Wall color "Lime Rickey", Sherwin Williams. Crib by Babyletto.



Tree decal by walldecors.







Blanket embroidered with "Bean". :)



My mom made this wall hanging after being inspired by one she saw on etsy.



Switchplate by etsy seller funkychickendesign.











Lyrics to one of my favorite Beatles songs that I laid out in inDesign, had one of my awesome print vendors from work print for me and then framed with an inexpensive Ikea frame.



Blizzard number three outside. Lamp and curtain panels from Ikea.









My grandmother made this heart for me years before she passed away with her and my grandfather's old buttons, pins and cuff links.







My favorite Little People from when I was a little person.







The orange Fisher Price stuffed toy was mine from when I was a baby.



Changing table by Ikea.



The Pink Panther was my FAVORITE stuffed animal when I was a kid.



Elephant Jeremy bought Bean in Amsterdam.





Baby pictures of mommy, daddy and big bro, Dakota.











Details of quilt my mom made for Bean :)



My mom started to knit this when she was pregnant with me, but ran out of yarn with only a small patch to go. When I got pregnant, she found someone to finish it for her with the same yarn she had used 34 years ago.



Beautiful homemade blanket made by Jeremy's cousin, Carey.







My mom made these burp cloths for Jeremy...



...and these for me :)



Fortune I got when I was in my first trimester.

33 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Love it!!!

Carolina John said...

very cute! we have the same glider, it's fantastic. and we also had both of our kids sleeping in a bassonet next to our bed for about the first 3 months or until we couldn't take it anymore.

That Pink Girl said...

Oh my goodness I love every last detail - it's so personal, this nursery. LOVE IT!
I adore the Beatles graphic you designed. (and the blanket your mom made for you, and the quilt, and the wall decal and the...)
Y'all did a great job! She's going to love growing up in this precious gem!

Irish Blue said...

This room is perfect. I love everything about! You have such a great eye for detail. This is one lucky little girl!

Glad you are well. Lost touch there for a while. I need to find you on facebook.

Heather said...

What a sweet nursery! So excited to see pictures of the baby in there. :)

Amelia said...

Wow that is such a beautiful nursery! You really did a great job with it. The personal touches definitely make it.
I'm pretty sure I played with those little people toys when I was a kid too! Total blast from the past! :)

Anonymous said...

I ADORE this nursery! That green is one of my favorite colors and love the tree! Very simple but elegant. Baby Bean will love it! And I still love that you call her Bean. I'm 21 and my mom still calls me that because I looked like a lima bean on my first ultra sound. The big day is approaching...you are in my prayers!

Rookie on the Run said...

Wow!! You are very talented! I love all the small, simple touches that make up the room. Everything from the tree decal, to the little elephant... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! The colors, the decor, everything is just too cute and just so awesome. You guys did a wonderful job. Now we just need Bean in it:)

Denise said...

adorable!! wish i had a bedroom that looked like that growing up!

oh, favorite bar...moriartys.

streak said...

absolutely awesome nursery, very nurtering and relaxing. The big day is almost her for us and may it be everything and more. Bean will love the room.

I Run for Fun said...

Such an adorable nursery! It is a beautiful green and it is clear that a ton of love and preparation has gone into putting this space together.

Marlene said...

It looks AMAZING! You have great taste. I love everything about the nursery, especially all the little touches.

As soon as I saw the first image, I immediately thought 'Etsy'! :)

The Little People and telephone totally brought me back....

Thanks for sharing!

Juliana said...

What a really great room. If you lived in my area, I would tell you to come on over and give me decorating ideas. I love all the details. Out of curiosity what did you use to make the two pictures, the ones with the little elephant resting on the bottom one???

N.D. said...

I love, love, love it!! can you come decorate #2's room? everything looks fantastic and ready, I can't believe how much stuff you have - all we need now is a BEAN!

MCM Mama said...

Hey, I left you a little something on my blog today.

Chic Runner said...

ADORABLE! I love the colors and accents :)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

So cute! Gooner lasted 3 days in our room! I wanted sleep so I just used a monitor.

Christie said...

I love it! I think I used to have that phone with the smiley face and wheels.

teacherwoman said...

I absolutely love the room, girl. I think it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Beautiful color and I love how you also included some things that you had from your infancy/childhood. Aww!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I can practically feel the great energy in that space through the pcitures! I love the little touchs of including special things. You have a gift!

I had those little people and the little pull along phone. I can remember playing with them. I'll have to check the attic. How great to share such meaningful things with little Bean.

ps love the wall color and the wall hanging that your mom made. Tell her it's great!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!

Before I'm 35 said...

B-E-A-utiful nursery!

Ali said...

I love it! Everything from the colour to the tree. I used to have that pull along telephone.

joyRuN said...

What a great space for you & J to spend with Bean! You guys did a beautiful job with it.

X-Country2 said...

I LOVE it! Love the green, love the family touches, love the lights, and love the owls and trees and that they aren't too cutesy. Lucky kid.

prashant said...

I love every last detail - it's so personal, this nursery. LOVE IT!
home jobs india

mountain khaki said...

Love the color of your nursery room. So cool and comfy. I wanna sleep there..lol ..Congratulations to your angel! :)

Sonia said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.

Wheels Florida

sashastri said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.

Wheels Miami

Meg said...

I love this blog! I found it because I recently got back into running for the first time in 10 years, so I am definitely looking for inspiration.

I also love your nursery: the color, ikea, philly phanatic, and use of your own toys from your childhood!

I noticed you haven't blogged since your baby, and I hope you are enjoying your first year with Quinn!

Meg @ http://myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I LOVE it , it is So cool and comfortable. I wanna sleep there..lol ..Congratulations to your angel!
It's wonderful!
www.getsoftwarekey.com

 
design by suckmylolly.com