I was wondering all day about what I was going to post here tonight, but I seriously got nothin' for you. My life has been dull, dull, dull.
Basically, the same old, same old:
• Work is kicking my butt. I can't wait until April 20th, when this huge project of mine will be OVAH. Reminding myself every day that a lot of people would be happy to have a job right now, so stop complaining.
• Got in four decent runs. Slowing down the pace a bit for my ankle.
• Ankle/foot still bothering me.
• Bought a new pair of running shorts/tights from Target this week. I love them! They may be a bit too warm in July, but for the next few months, they are perfect. I even got to bust them out on THREE runs this weekend.
• J is still kicking butt and taking names. I am so excited for him about this marathon.
• The weather here is wacky. Monday was 8" of snow and a low of 5 degrees. Now, the past three days we have seen the highs from the upper 60's-low 70's. Beautiful and weird, all at the same time.
Here is what it looked like as I walked to the train on Monday.
Here are people frolicking in the spring-like temperatures in Rittenhouse Square yesterday as we wandered the city. They are literally dancing!
I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to running in the warmer temps. While it was nice this weekend to not to run in two pairs of tights, 3-4 long sleeved shirts, a skull cap and gloves, it was still a bit of a shock.
On Wednesday, when it was still cooler, I ran a speedier 6.5 with almost no effort (57:49/8:53 pace). Then on Friday, I went out in 68 degree weather and thought I was going to die. I actually cut my run short to a little over 4 and made up for it the rest of the weekend. All runs this weekend were in the 9:15-9:20 pace range. And felt much more difficult.
I have turned into such a wimp. Two years ago, I was training for my first marathon in Miami from June to October. I was running my 20 milers in record setting high temperatures. Had I known I would be complaining about 66 degrees being too warm, I would have kicked my ass. What can I say? I love running in the cold.
Not the wind, but the cold. :)
Anyway, that's all I got. I hope you homies had a more exciting week than we did around here.
Monday, 3/2 -off
Tuesday, 3/3 - off
Wednesday, 3/4 - 6.5 miles/57:49 - 8:53 pace
Thursday, 3/5 - off
Friday, 3/6 - 4.28 miles/39:58 - 9:20 pace
Saturday, 3/7 - 10.18 miles/1:35:21 - 9:21 pace
Sunday, 3/8 - 7 miles/1:04:46 - 9:15 pace
Total Weekly Mileage: 27.96 miles