Saturday, November 22, 2008

Final Thoughts

Today we went to the expo to pick up our packets for the marathon. If I wasn't excited before, the expo did it for me. I am super excited now. The expos are always fun.

Here we are at the entrance where they had a makeshift finish line where everyone was having their pictures taken, including us. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The expo was pretty good overall. The running shirt they gave out was probably the best race shirt I have ever gotten. It's a little big, but that's ok. I was very happy to see it had our favorite tagline on the front. In past tense of course. :)

Photobucket

The back of it is great too, but I don't have a picture of it. Denise posted one at her place here.

We wandered a bit more and checked out all the booths. I also picked up this magnet from One More Mile, which I have been meaning to get.

Photobucket

We stopped by the Back On My Feet booth and talked to the people there for awhile. They were so nice and appreciative we were raising money for their organization. We also got two running shirts from them. They are going to let us leave our stuff at their tent, so that is another place you may be able to find us tomorrow if you're wandering around.

Speaking of BOMF, I want to take this time to thank my bloggy homies for any voting/donation giving you did for us. You know who you guys are. We are so thankful that you all were so giving of your time and money to help out a great cause. I know they all appreciate it too. Their big CNN dinner is tonight and they find out who the Hero of the Year is. Let's hope all your voting wasn't in vain! You can find out for sure on CNN on Thanksgiving.

After all that, we walked over to the Reading Terminal Market were we lucked out with getting a seat at the counter at Hershel's Deli. J and I split a corned beef sandwich and had some chicken noodle soup. Good thing I need salt tomorrow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finally headed home where we bibbed up and packed our bags for tomorrow.

Photobucket

Tonight we will eat, stretch and I will take a hot bath (pre-race ritual). Then I will sit with a heating pad on my legs and read running blogs and try to get some sleep.

I think I am as ready as I can be. We decided on a 9:45 pace for tomorrow which should put us at a 4:15 finish. This time will have us meeting all our goals: a PR, beating Oprah and Diddy. I hope we can keep it up and if for some reason we don't, I will just be grateful for being able to be there after all the shit we have been through this year. I am running this marathon tomorrow for many personal reasons and as a sort-of validation for everything that has happened in the past year. Kind of like,

"Hey life, go ahead and knock me down, but I'll not only get back up, I'll get up and run as far as I can to prove I'm a survivor."

Thanks to all of you guys out there who have been constantly reassuring, positive and wonderful. I can't imagine training for a race anymore without all my bloggy buds.

Good luck to all you runners tomorrow. Whether you are running Philly, another race, a training run or your first run ever. Have a great run! :)

Track us here. Bib numbers 6591 & 6590

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Go kick it tomorrow - show life who's boss!!

SuperDave said...

I wish the best for ya. I'll be looking up everyones bib's online during the race. Cool tshirt!
Have fun!!!

billdowis said...

The expo was awesome... I got Bart Yasso to sign his book for me... I really wish I was running this year, but will definitly be there cheering everyone on.

Good Luck tomorrow!

Denise said...

I'm so glad it's almost time to go to bed!! I want it to be tomorrow already. Sleep tight!

N.D. said...

Yay!! Go team !!! It is so nice you guys run together and support each other. Good luck tomorrow and enjoy!! I am sitting here thinking WTF was I thinking?? How cold was it out today? Let's hope for no winds tomorrow!!!

Jess said...

Best of luck tomorrow!

Before I'm 35 said...

Good luck tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

Reading your posts make me excited for you! I'm looking forward to reading all the Philly posts next week.

Sonia said...

Love the pic of you and J! You'Re so cute =)

I think it is totally awesome that you're running this together and get on with the past year. You guys will have done something wonderful even if you don't get to beat P. diddy ;-)

Now what about you introduce me to one of J's cute brothers or friend, preferably living in Canada and a runner!! Dreaming on!

Kick some asphalt tomorrow!!

Kristin said...

GOOOOOOOOD LUCK... yes it is 3am and i am checking blogs... hmmmm. You guys we'll be great!! Kick some assphalt!! See you out there!

BeachRunner said...

I am tracking you guys right now as you KICK ASPHALT. Go team go!! You can do this!!

Sonia said...

YOU ARE DOING TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO

A little slower than you 4:15 but kicking ass nonetheless!! So proud of you guys!!

30K in 3:06 =)

Anonymous said...

I hope all went well today. The shirt is awesome. Can't wait to read all about it.

Sonia said...

So.... it's been 1h and no news of you at the 35K mark, hopefully it is only the website being slow at updating or else I would start worry!

Sending strong vibes for a kick ass finish!! You can do it Laurel!!!!

Sonia said...

Since the race started at 7:45 then you must be close to being done!!

Arghhhh tracker is down!!! It is driving me totaly insane to not know!!!

Hope you finish strong Chicka!

Sonia said...

As I was typing my last message the site came back!!!!!!!

YOU'RE A TOTAL BAD ASS QUICK MARATHONER!!!!!!! Congrats on a great race!!!!!!!!! So happy for you and proud of your performance!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N.D. said...

you did awesome.. congrats!! I hope it was a good day for you!!

Marcy said...

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAYYYY LAUREL!!! CONGRATS to both of you!! Killer time chica, Killer time! ;D ;D I can't wait to see this report! Whoot!

N.D. said...

how r ya feeling? Can't wait to read the race report!!!

Aron said...

i was thinking about you lots on my run this morning!!!! CONGRATS on an awesome awesome race!! cant wait to read the report :)

Shoe Running said...

I can't wait to hear how it went! I hope you guys rocked it!

Unknown said...

Good job! Can't wait to read the report. :-)

X-Country2 said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Marlene said...

I'm a little late to say good luck, but can't wait to hear how it went. Great shirt!

 
design by suckmylolly.com